Scrap Metal Recycling
Why It’s Important
It might be second nature to throw that soda can in your recycling bin. But, what about the other pieces of metal you have around your home and garage-like parts of vehicles, building supplies, and more? While it can be tempting to put these scrap pieces out with the trash, there are environmental and societal reasons recycling metal is important.
The Importance of Scrap Metal Recycling
- Less wasted landfill space. Landfills are a limited resource, and there is only so much space available. Recycling your scrap metal means less metal will end up taking up room that should be reserved exclusively for non-recyclable items. Plus, did you know scrap metal can release methane? When left to waste away in a landfill, it can contribute to air and groundwater pollution.
- Helps maintain natural resources. Recycling scrap metal preserves natural resources that aren’t renewable. Metals like aluminum cans, tin cans, copper wiring and pipes, steel products, and more can all be recycled and transformed into new materials.
- Energy-efficient. Making new metal from virgin mineral ore uses much more energy than recycling scrap metal. It even uses less water than mining for ore. Plus, the process of producing the new metal releases more greenhouse gas emissions than the recycling process does.
- Prevents pollution caused by mining virgin ores. The chemicals used in the mining process contaminate the air quality, soil, and groundwater. Mining also involves the destruction of open land and ruins the habitat of local wildlife. Recycling reduces the need to mine for ore.
- More jobs. It’s been shown that recycling scrap metals create more jobs than incinerating the waste.
JDog Junk Removal & Hauling Makes Getting Rid of Metal Easy.
We promise to use the most environmentally friendly disposal methods available. Plus, when you call JDog, you are supporting local Veterans and Military family members! Call us today at 844-GET-JDOG to schedule your scrap metal pickup.