Plan Your Attic Cleanout
Fall Is The Right Time
Have you reached the point where your attic is a holding cell for items you’ll never use again? It’s the perfect time of year to plan your attic cleanout and get the space organized. Here are some tips to help you cross it off your to-do list.
Why Choose Fall for Your Attic Cleanout
The spring and fall are the goldilocks months of the year: not too hot, and not too cold. Your attic is particularly sensitive to temperature because, unlike other areas of your home, it generally doesn’t have any heating or cooling system. Here are the concerns with summer and winter you need to keep in mind, even if you’re just going to the attic to grab something:
- The Summer. Attics can reach an incredible 150°F, which is a dangerous temperature for humans. It gets that hot because roof shingles absorb a lot of heat, especially if they’re a dark color. That heat is then transferred to the roof sheathing and rafters, making its way down to your attic. Without any method to get it out, the heat gets trapped in there.
- The Winter. In the winter, you can expect your attic to be around the same temperature as the outside air. While it’s not necessarily unsafe for you to spend a minimal amount of time in below freezing temps, you likely won’t head up into your attic in full winter gear.
How to Plan Your Attic Cleanout
Ready to take advantage of the ideal temperatures while they’re here? Here are some tips to help you get started:
- Take inventory of every item in your attic.
- Make three piles: keep, donate/sell, and trash.
- If you’re having a hard time parting with sentimental items like kids’ artwork, consider photographing them so you have digital copies that stay safe for years to come.
- Hire a junk hauling company. You won’t want to keep the items you chose to donate or throw away, so companies like JDog Junk Removal & Hauling are here to help. At JDog Junk Removal & Hauling, we firmly believe in finding alternatives to landfills, so we’ll haul your trash to the landfill and take everything else to be either recycled or donated.
- Once you’re left with your “keep” items, organize everything in large tubs or install shelving to keep things in order.
Ready to Clean Your Attic? call JDog Junk Removal & Hauling.
When you call us, you’ll receive transparent pricing, and we’ll show up on-time and in uniform. We’ll handle all the work—all you have to do is tell us what you’d like to see gone. Call us today at 844-GET-JDOG for help with your attic cleanout.