Make Your Garage Cleaning Plan
Tips and Tricks for Clearing out Your Garage
It’s that time of year! You’re probably using your garage more now than at any point with the weather warming and many outdoor activities to enjoy. But, if you’ve let it become unorganized, it might be frustrating to sort through everything before getting to the fun. It’s time to make a garage cleaning plan! Learn the tips and tricks that will make it easy and quick.
How to Make Your Garage Cleaning Plan
- Choose the right time. Despite your best efforts, your task of cleaning out your job will take more than a few hours. You should set aside at least a whole day, so you’ll want to take a look at the forecast. You’ll need to take everything out of your garage in order to clean it, so it’s best to postpone if rain is expected.
- Get everything out of the garage. Rather than trying to sweep around bikes and tools, the best way to approach this job is to remove everything from the garage and put it on your driveway. This leaves you with a blank slate.
- Categorize your items. With everything on easy display, separate your items into different categories: those you want to keep, those you want to throw away, ones you want to donate, and what can be sold.
- Clean Your Garage. Take advantage of the clear space in your garage and thoroughly clean it by sweeping, vacuuming, mopping, and getting rid of cobwebs.
- Establish an organization system. Make the most of your space by installing shelves, hooks, overhead storage, and whatever other systems you need in order to maximize your storage capacity. Be sure to make a plan before heading to the store to purchase more storage supplies.
- Return your “keep” items to the garage. Put everything you’re keeping into its designated space and inform the family of the new system to help keep it cleaner for longer.
- Call JDog to take away your throwaway, recycle, and donate items. Our garage cleanout service includes the removal and responsible disposal of your unwanted items. We’ll even donate the items that can be used again. Contact us today by calling 844-GET-JDOG. We promise transparent pricing, punctual service, and to treat you with our core values of Respect, Integrity, and Trust.