Refrigerator Replacement: Is It Time?
5 Signs It’s Time to Replace Your Fridge
Are you considering trading up your old model of fridge for a new one? If your old one hasn’t completely died, it can be challenging to decide when you should make the switch. Learn five signs it’s time for a refrigerator replacement.
Signs It’s Time for a Refrigerator Replacement
- Uneven temperatures. Is your food suddenly spoiling or freezing? If temperature settings you used to rely upon are no longer delivering consistent results, your refrigerator is simply not getting the job done anymore, and you might want to consider a new one.
- It produces condensation. If you’re seeing beads of sweat or puddles inside or outside of your refrigerator, it’s a sign that something is wrong. It could be the seals around the doors or something more serious.
- It’s overheating. While the back of your fridge is probably difficult to reach, periodically check for high temperatures emanating from the back of your refrigerator. Overheating often means there is a problem with the insulation surrounding the coils, which can potentially be dangerous and a fire hazard.
- Energy bills that are higher than normal. Depending on the age of your fridge, you may have an inefficient model that uses too much electricity. Check for an Energy Star sticker on your model. If you don’t see one, you should consider trading up to one that does.
- Your side-by-side isn’t working as it used to. Because this type of fridge is the most costly to replace, it’s advisable to replace your model with a bottom-freezer type if it’s more than five years old and isn’t working well anymore.
Replacing Your Fridge? Call JDog Junk Removal & Hauling to Remove Your Old One.
When it’s time to get rid of your old fridge, did you know you shouldn’t just leave it on the curb to go out with the rest of your trash? While some appliance stores will take out your old fridge for free when you order another, sometimes you’re stuck with the task of disposing of it yourself. Contact the Veterans and Military family members at JDog, and we’ll come to take away your old fridge and responsibly donate or recycle it to help protect the environment. Call us today at 844-GET-JDOG to schedule your service.