Old Dining Room Set
Your Options for Removal
Are you welcoming guests next week to share in the Thanksgiving feast? If you’re considering getting a new dining room set, you have to get rid of your original furniture. Read on to learn what to do with your old dining room set.
What to Do with Your Old Dining Room Set
- Sell it. If your old kitchen table and/or chairs are in good condition, consider selling them on Craigslist or eBay. You can also offer them on Facebook Marketplace. If they’re in a less-than-desirable condition, consider offering them for free or a reduced price. Many people enjoy refinishing furniture!
- Donate it. Charity organizations often take old kitchen sets, especially when they are still in good condition. If your table and chairs are covered in unsightly stains or scratches, donating might not be the right choice.
- Refinish it. Are you a DIYer? You might be able to give your dining room table and chairs new life. Consider sanding it down and restaining or painting it. You can also reupholster the chairs to give them a fresh start.
- Find another use. Could your basement use an area to eat? Or do you need a craft table? Consider repurposing your table and chairs.
- Recycle it. Did you know tables and chairs can be broken up into pieces and recycled? Don’t expect your recycling crew to pick it up from the curb. You’ll probably need to call around and find a recycling facility to bring it to.
- Call a junk hauling company. At JDog Junk Removal & Hauling, we believe we have a responsibility to the environment, so recycle or donate 60% to 80% of everything we haul. If your old dining room set is usable, we will find an organization that takes donations. Or, if it has seen its last days, we’ll take it apart and recycle and the pieces. Ready to responsibly get rid of your old dining room set? Call the Veterans at JDog Junk Removal & Hauling today.