Renting a Dumpster
What You Need to Know First
Do you have a large amount of junk you need to get out of the house? Whether you are DIYing a renovation or have too much to set on the curb, you might consider renting a dumpster instead of calling in professionals to take care of it for you. Before renting a dumpster for disposing of items in your house, here’s what you need to know.
What You Need to Know About Renting a Dumpster
- Size: Determine the appropriate dumpster size based on the amount of stuff you plan to dispose of. Common sizes range from 10 to 40 cubic yards.
- Permits: Check if your local municipality requires permits for placing a dumpster on your property or the street. Obtain any necessary permits in advance.
- Rental period: Decide how long you’ll need the dumpster. Rental periods typically range from a few days to a week. Extra charges may apply for longer durations.
- Types of waste: Be aware of any restrictions on the types of materials you can dispose of in the dumpster. Hazardous or prohibited items may not be allowed.
- Weight limits: Understand the weight limitations for the dumpster. Exceeding the weight limit can result in additional charges or the need to rent a larger container.
- Placement location: Determine a suitable location for the dumpster, ensuring it’s easily accessible for loading and doesn’t obstruct any pathways or utilities.
- Loading guidelines: When filling the dumpster, distribute the weight evenly and avoid overfilling. Follow any guidelines provided by the rental company to prevent damage or safety hazards.
- Costs: Inquire about the rental fees, including any additional charges such as delivery, pickup, or overweight fees. Compare prices from different companies to get the best deal.
Choose the Easy Option and call JDog Junk Removal & Hauling.
Simply call JDog Junk Removal & Hauling, and we’ll handle it all! We responsibly donate and recycle 60% to 80% of the items we haul so you can feel good knowing your unwanted items aren’t heading for a landfill. Call us today at 844-GET-JDOG to schedule a pickup.