Chest Freezer Removal
What You Can Do with Your Old Chest Freezer
Chest freezers are incredibly convenient for many families, but they have their inconveniences, too. Older models, in particular, are notorious for energy consumption. Plus, they take up a lot of space in your home. When it’s time for you to get rid of your old unit, do you know your options for chest freezer removal?
Chest Freezer Removal
- Recycle it. Chest freezers, like other appliances, consist of metals like steel and iron. This makes them a rich source of recyclable materials. Search for a recycling center near you to see if you can drop it off. Note: some of these locations will charge you a fee for recycling services.
- Trade it out for a new one. If you’re buying a new freezer, try shopping at a retailer that will haul away your old model when they deliver your new one. Many companies offer this service, either for free or a small fee, so be sure to ask when you’re shopping around.
- Sell it. If you’re trading up to a newer, more energy-efficient model, someone else might appreciate your still-functional freezer. Try selling it on Facebook Marketplace, Craigslist.org, eBay, or at a yard sale.
- Donate it. Senior centers, shelters, food pantries, and other non-profit organizations might be able to use your old chest freezer. Only donate it if it’s still in working condition. Additionally, you should make sure it’s thoroughly cleaned out before sending it to its new home.
- Repair it. If your freezer is just on the fritz, get it fixed. If you’re not crazy about the way it looks, you can always use it as a secondary freezer in the garage or basement for added storage.
- Call JDog Junk Removal & Hauling. We haul your unwanted items of all kinds and sizes, including your old chest freezer. We make every effort to donate the items we haul. If your chest freezer is not in working condition, we dispose of it properly. While not every part is salvageable, some metals, plastics, and glass are recycled while the dangerous chemicals are safely destroyed. Call us today at 844-GET-JDOG to schedule your chest freezer pickup.